Saturday, January 13, 2007

I have internet in my room! I also discovered that it would have been much cheaper to go through my housemates' internet, but as I already paid for the one that the program set up for us because I wasn't sure how the internet here would work I guess I'll just have to eat that one....but until that comes I'm using my housemates'. This means that I will now be able to use skype and IM and all that other fun communication technology.

Last night we had another lovely German food called wurst. It was really good and the waiter Karsten thought our table was hilarious. We've also found that the biggest group you can get in any restaurant here is about 8. The advantages of being friends with people willing to split off from the group.

Speaking of friends, the guys in the apartment across the hall, myself, and a few other students who are in this dorm (Vauban) have started conquering pieces of life here together. We went out to eat twice together, then today went to the fresh air market where we got stuff to make dinner together tonight. We went to the grocery store and then to the drogerie (drug store---which sells only shampoo type stuff, not medication) and they have all the brands that I use at home so if I get desperate I know where to get it. Last night we watched a couple episodes of House because Alyssa brought DVDs of House, 24, Grey's and a few movies.

Here are a few pictures of my room (still being set up--but with a few things I got at IKEA), the kitchen and living room of my apartment, and the view from my window. This group of buildings used to be French Army barracks, so they seem very militaristic from the outside, but have plenty of space inside. It also is why the group of buildings is called Vauban (a French word).

-Halley














No comments: